You must login to view this page.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Publications related to the TEMPEST-D Mission
- Radhakrishnan, C., V. Chandrasekar, S. C. Reising and W. Berg, "Rainfall Estimation from TEMPEST-D CubeSat Observations: A Machine Learning Approach," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 15, pp. 3626-3636, Apr. 2022. doi:10.1109/JSTARS.2022.3170835
- Goncharenko, Y. V., S. C. Reising, F. Iturbide-Sanchez and V. Chandrasekar, "Design and Analysis of CubeSat Microwave Radiometer Constellations to Observe Temporal Variability of the Atmosphere," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 14, pp. 11728-11736, Nov. 2021, doi: 10.1109/JSTARS.2021.3128069.
- Padmanabhan, S., T. C. Gaier, A. B. Tanner, S. T. Brown, B. H. Lim, S. C. Reising, R. Stachnik, R. Bendig and R. Cofield, "TEMPEST-D Radiometer: Instrument Description and Prelaunch Calibration," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 10213-10226, Dec. 2021, doi:10.1109/TGRS.2020.3041455.
- Berg, W., S. T. Brown, B. H. Lim, S. C. Reising, Y. Goncharenko, C. D. Kummerow, T. C. Gaier and S. Padmanabhan (2021) "Calibration and Validation of the TEMPEST-D CubeSat Radiometer," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 4904-4914, June 2021, doi:10.1109/TGRS.2020.3018999
- Schulte, R. M., C. D. Kummerow, W. Berg, S. C. Reising, S. T. Brown, T. C. Gaier, B. H. Lim and S. Padmanabhan (2020) “A Passive Microwave Retrieval Algorithm with Minimal View Angle Bias: Application to the TEMPEST-D CubeSat Mission,” Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, Feb. 2020, doi:10.1175/JTECH-D-19-0163.1
Data Use Policy: Data products on this web site were acquired by the Temporal Experiment for Storms and Tropical Systems - Demonstration (TEMPEST-D) satellite in low-Earth orbit. TEMPEST-D is sponsored by NASA Earth Venture Technology Program as a collaborative project among Colorado State University, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory and Blue Canyon Technologies, Inc. Any public use, disclosure or publication based on these data shall reference the following paper: S. C. Reising et al., Proc. IEEE IGARSS 2018, doi: 10.1109/IGARSS.2018.8517330 (See https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8517330).
For any questions, please contact the TEMPEST-D Principal Investigator, Prof. Steven C. Reising Steven.Reising@ColoState.edu.